Pebble Tec - Green Algae stuck to pool surface

JannieMae

Sep 12, 2013
I am hoping someone can help me here. I have a Pebble Tec pool that sat for two weeks without filtration because my pool motor died. The pool turned green which I expected. The new pump was installed and I began shocking it and treating it with Algaecide. It cleared up the water but the algae is stuck to the pool surface. I scrubbed a small section with a wire brush and it helped a little bit but the entire surface is covered (25,000 gallons). I am thinking I have to drain the pool and maybe pressure wash it. Are there any chemicals to help remove this build up so I don't have to drain it? I don't even know if pressure washing is good for Pebble Tec... :(

Thanks for any suggestions,
Janice

Reactions: ware462
JannieMae said:
I am hoping someone can help me here. I have a Pebble Tec pool that sat for two weeks without filtration because my pool motor died. The pool turned green which I expected. The new pump was installed and I began shocking it and treating it with Algaecide. It cleared up the water but the algae is stuck to the pool surface. I scrubbed a small section with a wire brush and it helped a little bit but the entire surface is covered (25,000 gallons). I am thinking I have to drain the pool and maybe pressure wash it. Are there any chemicals to help remove this build up so I don't have to drain it? I don't even know if pressure washing is good for Pebble Tec... :(

Thanks for any suggestions,
Janice

SLAM SLAM SLAM!! No need to drain you just need ALOT of chlorine aka bleach.

Not only should you SLAM your pool, but you should brush it daily at the least.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.