Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Pump Leak

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Pump Leak

My pump leaks just a little. Just enough so that I see some visible water on the plastic base that the pump is mounted to. Not really enough to affect the level of the far as I know. I see that the pump seal can be replaced if the pump leaks. There are a few videos on U Tube as to how to do it. Looks simple enough. Are there any other issues that a pump might have to cause it to leak or is the seal the most likely culprit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 using Tapatalk
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Hayward Pump Leak

The shaft seal is the most likely culprit, but for not much more $ you can get a go-kit that includes all the seals / o-rings in the pump that you could replace while you are in there.

Definitely want to get it fix before the bearing suffer.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Gurnee, IL (North Suburban Chi-town)

Re: Hayward Pump Leak

Agreed. If you're at all comfortable doing DIY jobs, it's an easy fix. You can find them online for $20-25 including shipping. What kind of Hayward pump?
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry