Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: two different pool calculators?

1. Back To Top    #1

two different pool calculators?

Linen sent me a link to calc.html, but the link that's all over the place to poolcalculator.com is a lot easier to find. However this calculator is missing some of the new sizes for chlorine jugs, etc.

Could we maybe update the one everybody links to to make it work as well as the one here at the forum?

Also the page at poolcalculator.com has a message at the top sending me to info@poolcalculator.com and I tried making this suggestion there, but it was returned "No such user".

All this is assuming, of course, that the same people are responsible for both sites, if that's not correct, I apologize!
    25,000 gal IG Gunite pool & spa, Titan stainless DE 48sf, PacFab Challenger 2hp, dead Laars Lite heater, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: two different pool calculators?

JasonLion, the creator of the poolcalculator.com and the admin of this site, no longer owns the rights to the calculator and, unfortunately, the company who does is no longer responsive to inquires. Because of the newer size jugs, JasonLion modified the calc.html copy of the official poolcalculator to include the new sizes/concentrations.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Okay, I can live with that. Maybe we should switch the links all over the site then, to point to the good one?
    25,000 gal IG Gunite pool & spa, Titan stainless DE 48sf, PacFab Challenger 2hp, dead Laars Lite heater, TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

It still works the same giving the dose in ounces. No problem.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem