Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Would you buy one of these - cleaning stand for SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Would you buy one of these - cleaning stand for SWG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aquarite-or-Aquatro ... dZViewItem

Just curious - the pool guy was just here to replace the electronic board for the AquaRite SWG that I have and he had one of those to clean the t-cell. I thought it made cleaning much easier since you don't need a huge bucket of acid water.
    SWG - AquaRite
    Dolphin Diagnostic Robot

"Having a pool reminds me of having an aquarium when I was a girl - I love taking care of it and testing it - just don't have fish this time around!"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Would you buy one of these - cleaning stand for SWG

I would if the current retail price had not jumped to almost $80. The ebay price is last years's retail so it's probably not going to last long after they have to reorder them.

3. Back To Top    #3

I just use an expandable rubber plug in the bottom port of the cell, then set it in a bucket (to prevent any harm from spills) and fill only the cell with the acid solution Oh sure, it's a $3 solution to an $80 problem, but it works
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    I just use an expandable rubber plug in the bottom port of the cell, then set it in a bucket (to prevent any harm from spills) and fill only the cell with the acid solution Oh sure, it's a $3 solution to an $80 problem, but it works
    You know, I was thinking after I posted this question - that I bet there is some PVC lid or something that fits it and does the job for much less - and here you are with this great solution.

Okay - please expand on the directions on how to find "an expandable rubber plug" - if I go in Home Depot, is that what I ask for - what aisle are they in?

THANKS!!!!!
    SWG - AquaRite
    Dolphin Diagnostic Robot

"Having a pool reminds me of having an aquarium when I was a girl - I love taking care of it and testing it - just don't have fish this time around!"

5. Back To Top    #5

I believe he means something like these. Most pools stores carry them.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Go figure... Jason's right about what I was talking about

The ones I use are size 11 (I think 11 is the size in centimeters ) You'll want one that will seal a 2" pipe. 8)
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)