Closing question

Aug 11, 2012
Hi-
I have been BBB all summer. I have been able to use liquid, sometimes lithium, and some pucks. I did put a nature2 in at opening but am using the chlorine/cya ratio not what the nature2 recommends. My ph has not changed much (7.5-7.6) this whole summer never having to add anything for it!
TA is around 225(high in fill water). never much luck bringing down so haven't tried this year
CH 250
cya 60
fc 10
use tp-100
i went to the pool store to sign up for the blow out to close. was given the sheet to follow for adding closing chemicals.

Scale inhibitor
Banish
Natural Result and pool tonic

Been reading up on these and here realizing not needed but wondered since i had put the nature 2 in does that change additions to close?

Thanks

The Nature 2 should not change the closing recommendations you find in Pool School ... although why are you continuing to add metal to your pool anyway?

:lol: "pool tonic" ... really?!?! ... I can just picture the guy on the corner "Git ur pool tonic here ... greatest chemical known to man ... you would be a fool to be without ur pool tonic!!!!"

Skip all three pool store suggestions, since you do not need more copper in your pool (Banish), your pool is vinyl and relatively low in CH (Scale inhibitor), and who knows what junk is in the "Natural Result and pool tonic" :shock: .

Here is the pool school article on closing a igp, only chlorine and polyquat60 algaecide are recommended: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/closing_in_ground_pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.