I need help! I am clueless as to what this is:

Sep 12, 2013
Aragon, Ga
We have been gone for two weeks. Being near the end of the season we didn't have anyone to come a care for the pool. Came home, and this is what I see. Water is clear, but this white spot is on the liner. Will not brush off at all. Has a pink tinge to some areas. I normally use the BBB method. Please advise me as to what I need to do. Please tell me I can get rid of this. This is a brand new liner. :( I am about to go test the water. I am expecting to see all levels off badly. I have had a hard time keeping stabilizer levels up this year, thus I have had a hard time keeping the chlorine in the pool.

Also, the white spot is hard. It looks like cracked desert sand.

Attachments

• pool white spots.JPG
    pool white spots.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 123
Bama Rambler said:
but I suspect scaling.
Really? In an isolated spot like that?
To me it looks like something was dropped into the pool and then kind of flowed to the right and got hard instead of dissolving ... although not sure what would do that.

So a couple pucks fell out ... that is kind of what it looked like to me. The roughness should be removable if you brush and work at it, but it did likely at a minimum fade out the color.

Maybe this is the wake up call to stop using the puck with have negative side-effects and switch to using liquid chlorine? ;)

Stated that they were away for 2 weeks and normally follow BBB, so my guess is they used the floater to help with the chlorination while away. My question is, do they make different quality of floaters?

Ah, missed that likely the floater was a temp thing. I think they all break down eventually due to the acidic nature of the pucks ... probably worse too if they are left sitting out in the sun.

RobinsonFam92 said:
Now I just want to scream!
I think I found the problem.

Brand new liner.....ruined!

That would make me want to scream too! I've never seen that happen. Thanks for posting the picture. You may save someone else the pain.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have one of those! New liner August of 2012, winterized early October and left a floater with 3 pucks. Floater sank over the winter and now I live with it.............. :hammer:

My condolences.........

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.