Stenner Pump Question

Aug 24, 2013
South Texas
I was hoping all you Stenner pump users can answer a question for me.
I am trying to figure out what happens to an SPV4 type adjustable rate pump in manual mode when the power is turned off to the pump, then turned back on at a later time, will it revert to a factory preset or will it remember the last percentage setting and continue using that setting?
Basically I have the opportunity to get the SPV4 super cheap and wanted to know if I should, or if I should just get a fixed rate pump and run it on a timer type controller which I know would be easier. If the SPV4 WILL remember it's last setting and continue, then I'd rather go that route, that way I can adjust the rate in increments of 1% versus messing with timers.

Thanks!

I am using a diaphragm type injection pump with electronic injection controls for my Chlorine injection, and find it has far finer dosing control than I need, as day to day chlorine demand variation will be a lot more than that 1% control resolution you are seeking. I also find that finer resolution control tends to lead to un needed fiddling with chlorine levels, many of which will average out if you were to wait and let them swing a little more within the accepted FC range. For myself I have found the simplest solution is to find a point where FC is slowly building then when it gets about 1.0 - 1.5 ppm FC above ideal I simply unplug the pump for the length of time it takes to drop back down to ideal range, and plug it back in, having an indoor pool that can be a day or two of off time, with an outdoor pool I am sure things would tend to change much faster.

Ike

I looked at the manual for that model and it did not address power loss at all.

If you don't get your answer here, call Stenner directly. 800-683-2378 (technical department)

I had a dosing question on my Stenner and had called US Water Systems for an answer. They suggested I go straight to the horses mouth and gave me the above number to call. Had my answer in less than 2 minutes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.