Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intelliflo priming dry...except it's not

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Intelliflo priming dry...except it's not

I have owned a pool service/repair biz for almost 9 years, so I am moderately competent.
    I have had trouble with the Intelliflo 011013. This was the top unit 5 or 6 years ago. They are the moodiest pumps I have ever dealt with. The 011018 is a beautiful machine, but the 011013 is a constant battle.
    I have a unit that shuts off and has an alarm "priming dry" display. The pot has 90% or more water flowing in it and the pump just stops and says priming dry after 30 seconds to a minute.
    No air leaks, no blockage, filter pressure is ok...ggrrr
    I am wondering if there is a way to bypass the unit so it runs without shooting off 15 different alarms. Just work!!!!...or if there is a solution that I have not found yet. Ready for questions and responses... Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intelliflo priming dry...except it's not

Sorry, I have no clue, I just wanted to say welcome to TFP. We have a service guy or two around and members that answer pump questions a lot, so maybe one of them has seen this before.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

Do you know any of the specs on the motor itself? I tried to look them up and didn't have any luck.
    If it's a 230 volt 3-phase motor you should be able to buy a small separate AC drive and run it off that.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Thanks for the welcome.

it is a multi speed motor, digital display with every sensor known to man. Priming dry, over current, blocked line, etc. I don't want to block all these features, but I need to tell the darn thing to let it prime.