Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stretch

1. Back To Top    #1

Stretch

My PB is saying that my IG liner will stretch in some places and it takes it a couple weeks. some of the deep end its just against the curve of the walls. is a few inches of stretch normal procedure? i'm losing about 1" of water a day and he's saying its the liner doing its thing stretching and thus more volume needed.
    In ground vinyl liner kidney pool, 30k gals, Hayward 1hp superflo, inline chlorinator, Hayward booster pump, 24" d60 Pentair sand filter, 9' deep end, 3'6" shallow, 3 returns and a booster line, kreepy krawly suction cleaner, Hayward wide mouth skimmer.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stretch

I'm not sure I'd believe that. In a 30,000 gallon pool 1" of water would be about 500 gallons and it would take a lot of stretch to displace 500 gallons. That's about 70 cuft.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the response. PB is coming today to check on things i'll see what he says. It seems like air or water behind these spots that are supposed to "stretch in" as well which is troubling me. The guy gave us what I feel was a great price. The pool was a swamp with a turtle. He had to replace 2 out of 3 return fittings and the main drain and the skimmer as they were old Jacuzzi fittings that no one sells anymore. I saved some $ by jackhammering out the concrete and digging them out.

New pump and booster pump , new main drain , new skimmer. Two of three return lines replaced. new valves. All equipment plumbed, dual timer and liner all for 4800 bucks. If the liner was improperly installed its all for naught
    In ground vinyl liner kidney pool, 30k gals, Hayward 1hp superflo, inline chlorinator, Hayward booster pump, 24" d60 Pentair sand filter, 9' deep end, 3'6" shallow, 3 returns and a booster line, kreepy krawly suction cleaner, Hayward wide mouth skimmer.

4. Back To Top    #4

It sounds like the liner is too small...there should be no large open areas behind it.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

5. Back To Top    #5

sound like a problem he may have to correct