Discovered Leaking Waterfall - questions on repair

Mar 2, 2011
I removed the pavers in a raised area (roughly 4’ x 4’ area raised 12” above deck) in the back corner of our pool that houses a 24” waterfall (something like the original oasis style) to find that the waterfall is leaking and washing out the backfill under the pavers. I initially though the loose pavers/dips were due to armadillos that like to burrow under the footers and make a home beneath the deck. That has happened to the other similar area on the opposite side of the pool which was resolved with minor paver repair.

I plan on doing the following to allow better inspection and ease of repair once the final diagnosis is in:

•Remove the pavers (numbering each on with chalk for ease in replacement)
•Remove backfill to better expose the waterfall and plumbing connection to the waterfall

I live in Orlando – so breakage due to freezing is unlikely. If the leak is simply due to the fittings/glue the repair is pretty straightforward. If the leak is due to damage or cracks in the waterfall housing, I’m wondering how tough of a fix it is to replace the waterfall. The pool is about 9 years old.

Any thoughts or advice ahead of my beginning this stage would be greatly appreciated - Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.