Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Discovered Leaking Waterfall - questions on repair

1. Back To Top    #1

Discovered Leaking Waterfall - questions on repair

I removed the pavers in a raised area (roughly 4’ x 4’ area raised 12” above deck) in the back corner of our pool that houses a 24” waterfall (something like the original oasis style) to find that the waterfall is leaking and washing out the backfill under the pavers. I initially though the loose pavers/dips were due to armadillos that like to burrow under the footers and make a home beneath the deck. That has happened to the other similar area on the opposite side of the pool which was resolved with minor paver repair.

I plan on doing the following to allow better inspection and ease of repair once the final diagnosis is in:

•Remove the pavers (numbering each on with chalk for ease in replacement)
    •Remove backfill to better expose the waterfall and plumbing connection to the waterfall

I live in Orlando – so breakage due to freezing is unlikely. If the leak is simply due to the fittings/glue the repair is pretty straightforward. If the leak is due to damage or cracks in the waterfall housing, I’m wondering how tough of a fix it is to replace the waterfall. The pool is about 9 years old.

Any thoughts or advice ahead of my beginning this stage would be greatly appreciated - Thanks
    In-Ground Fiberglass 3,500 gallon pool
    Jacuzzi CFR Cartridge Filter
    1.0 HP A.O. Smith Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Discovered Leaking Waterfall - questions on repair

Welcome to TFP.

It shouldn't be too difficult to replace it, but, depending on what it's made of it may be a fairly easy job to repair it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit