liner problem?

Jun 8, 2012
I have a 27' above ground, installed April 2012. The first season, no problems. This season huge creases have developed across the diameter of the pool. I lose 6" of water every 10 days and the liner is loose on the bottom. I do not see any visible signs of water leakage anywhere around the perimeter of the pool or the filter area. I am constantly putting water in to be able to run the filter and did not have to do this once last year. Of course, there was only a one year warrantee on installation which equates to a couple of months. Any ideas on how to find what the problem is and fix it? I also have a gorilla guard under the lining.

The first thing to do is run a bucket test to make sure it's a leak and not evaporation. That's a pretty good amount of water so I suspect a leak, but it's good to make sure. Take a bucket and fill it with pool water and sit it on a step in the pool leaving the top out. Mark the pool water level and the bucket water level and wait 24 hours. Check the amount of loss and if the pool has lost more than the bucket it's a leak.

Do the wrinkles feel like they have water under them?
Have you ever let it leak down until it stops?
What type filter do you have?

thank you,
I wasn't able to put the bucket in the pool so I left it outside and just marked it accordingly. The bucket went down 1/4" and the pool went down 3/4". I don't know if the creases have water in them, no one was brave enough to go in (very cold). I have a Proline/Waterway filter pump and a CircuPool salt water generator. I have never let the water drain down until it stops because it is already too low to run the filter. I have included photos.

Attachments

• pool liner creases.jpg
    pool liner creases.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 51
  • pool pump filter.jpg
    pool pump filter.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 51
  • pool pump filter_02.jpg
    pool pump filter_02.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 51
You wouldn't happen to have a moisture meter would you? :)

I'd look real carefully around the bottom rail of the pool and see if there's any dampness. If there is, that's where I'd start looking for the leak.

I have a meter measuring the moisture of the soil in my garden. Is that what you are speaking of? So, I would just take measurements all along the perimeter and see if a spot jumps out above the others?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.