Fill in deep end of pool

Sep 10, 2013
Purchased a repo home that has a 20x40 vinyl lined pool. It has been drained and is a mess. We would like to fill in the deep end so it has a gradual slope from the lowest part to the deepest being 5 ft. There is a concrete deck surround. Is it possible to even accomplish this.

Welcome to tfp, tarheel78 :wave:

I believe it is possible, though it may be expensive. Hopefully one of our experienced pool builders can chime in.

I have to ask though, why do you want to get rid of the deep end?

I was guessing that. As I am sure you know, a shallow pool does not make a safe pool. Non-swimmers and children can drown just as easily and often the shallow pool is not watched as closely as a deep one.

Imo, all children should be proficient in the water (adults too, but it can be hard to teach old dogs new tricks) for safety reasons in water situations beyond your pool.

We have a agp with a deep end and it more popular with the my kids and their friends then the other pools they have access to that do not have one. My experience is a deep pool will keep teenagers attention longer. :blah:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.