Issue with Cleaner Pump starting intermittently

Jun 23, 2010
I have a Jandy RS6 controller and a Jandy Aqualink 6614/6615 Outside PCB Box. I have had numerous issues over the last 2 - 3 months.

Here is a summary:

1. Pool Pump would not turn off - I replaced the relay and this problem was solved.
2. Cleaner Pump would turn on intermittently, even when pool pump was off - I replaced the main PCB and cleaner pump relay.

The cleaner pump issue still exists. I disconnected the inside control panel and the cleaner pump started again. I have heard that a bad spa remote (4 button control pad mounted in spa) could send ghost signals to the pcb. I also heard that a dip switch on the pcb may not be recognized. Does anyone have any thoughts on either of these possible remedies? I am pretty frustrated at this point but I am determined to find the cause for this ongoing headache.

Thanks in advance.

Bama

I will try to disconnect the spa remote tonight and see if that solves the problem. Then if that doesn't help I will try to address the dip switch. I was wondering if either of these made sense or if there is something else I can try?

Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.