Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Issue with Cleaner Pump starting intermittently

1. Back To Top    #1

Issue with Cleaner Pump starting intermittently

I have a Jandy RS6 controller and a Jandy Aqualink 6614/6615 Outside PCB Box. I have had numerous issues over the last 2 - 3 months.

Here is a summary:

1. Pool Pump would not turn off - I replaced the relay and this problem was solved.
    2. Cleaner Pump would turn on intermittently, even when pool pump was off - I replaced the main PCB and cleaner pump relay.

The cleaner pump issue still exists. I disconnected the inside control panel and the cleaner pump started again. I have heard that a bad spa remote (4 button control pad mounted in spa) could send ghost signals to the pcb. I also heard that a dip switch on the pcb may not be recognized. Does anyone have any thoughts on either of these possible remedies? I am pretty frustrated at this point but I am determined to find the cause for this ongoing headache.

Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Issue with Cleaner Pump starting intermittently

Have you unhooked the remote to see if that solves the problem?

Have you powered the unit down before changing the dip switch?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Bama

I will try to disconnect the spa remote tonight and see if that solves the problem. Then if that doesn't help I will try to address the dip switch. I was wondering if either of these made sense or if there is something else I can try?

Thank you

4. Back To Top    #4

They both make sense and since they're easy to try, that's where I would start.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit