Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie pool owner w/ new pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie pool owner w/ new pool

Hi all! This site has been lots of help already, so decided to sign up and participate.

Wife, son and I just moved into our new house in Katy, TX. We had a pool built while the house was being built. We are first time pool owners, so still drinking from a fire hose .

Anyway pool details are in my signature, hopefully it makes sense. I know a few details are missing, but not wanting to brave the mosquitoes right now to find model #'s, HP's, etc. - will get those in by the weekend. Anything else I'm missing in there, or doesn't make sense, just let me know.

Thanks!!!
    16k gal IGP saltwater w/ 6' spa (completed Aug 14, 2013), 4-5.5-4 w/ sundeck and benches, Luna Quartz Bermuda, cartridge filter, 2 Pentair whisperflo pumps, 3 scuppers & 3 bubblers, Pentair Easytouch 8 with remote, Pentair Kreepy Krauly Legend w/ Pentair pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie pool owner w/ new pool

Welcome to tfp, RCF

If you haven't already, spend some time in pool school (link near upper right of page). Lots of good stuff in there that you want to know now so you pool stays clear and clean.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! Have read through it a couple of times already as we'll as reading abt chemistry, BBB, test kits, etc. - I'm a little OCD that way! Haha
    16k gal IGP saltwater w/ 6' spa (completed Aug 14, 2013), 4-5.5-4 w/ sundeck and benches, Luna Quartz Bermuda, cartridge filter, 2 Pentair whisperflo pumps, 3 scuppers & 3 bubblers, Pentair Easytouch 8 with remote, Pentair Kreepy Krauly Legend w/ Pentair pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Definitely get one of the recommended test kits asap. Many of us have the tf-100 since it is the best value.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Post some pics of you pool please? I am looking at Luna Quartz Bermuda in our pool for a renovation.

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome RCF!

OCD is a trait that can be put to very good use when it comes to pool care.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem