Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Loved our pool again for last month of summer

1. Back To Top    #1

Loved our pool again for last month of summer

For most of August, after lowering cya and slamming pool to finally THOROUGHLY kill the algae, our pool has been absolutely sparkling gorgeous. In fact it hurt my eyes because it was so clean we could see every blue speckle on the liner and the water just reflected all over the place. We were able to have a Labor Day party for our daughter's class (small school) because we finally didn't worry about rolling up the cover to find green had happened overnight.

Wanted to say thanks for explaining the chemistry so that I could finally get it right (after some trial and error). Most helpful was realizing the CYA was changing the effectiveness of the chlorine and that I could have a target chlorine level of much higher than 1-3 ppm if needed for my CYA levels, and it would be OKAY.

Looking forward to opening next spring because even IF we open to green, which I don't believe we will, I know how to bring it back to clear and sparkling without spending $500 at the pool store like we did this year. Planning on a gorgeous pool for 4 months instead of 1 next year, thanks to TFP!!!
    18'X 36' Free form vinyl, 8' - 3'deep, Pentair 1.5 hp pump,Sta-rite 3.14 hi rate sand filter, pool frog and New water online chlorinator , 3 deck water shooters, deck solar heat, solar cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Loved our pool again for last month of summer

Congrats!!!

We could not have cleared up your pool without you
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    Congrats!!!
    We could not have cleared up your pool without you

Just another congrats to you. I love it when it goes like this and people see how well it works, but more how easy it really can be.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Great job clearing up your pool .

Quote Originally Posted by mlrogers
    Looking forward to opening next spring because even IF we open to green, which I don't believe we will, I know how to bring it back to clear and sparkling without spending $500 at the pool store like we did this year.
    To minimize the risk of opening to green next spring, keep your pool operational until the water temperature reaches around 50F, then close 'er up.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.