Loved our pool again for last month of summer

Jun 16, 2013
For most of August, after lowering cya and slamming pool to finally THOROUGHLY kill the algae, our pool has been absolutely sparkling gorgeous. In fact it hurt my eyes because it was so clean we could see every blue speckle on the liner and the water just reflected all over the place. We were able to have a Labor Day party for our daughter's class (small school) because we finally didn't worry about rolling up the cover to find green had happened overnight.

Wanted to say thanks for explaining the chemistry so that I could finally get it right (after some trial and error). Most helpful was realizing the CYA was changing the effectiveness of the chlorine and that I could have a target chlorine level of much higher than 1-3 ppm if needed for my CYA levels, and it would be OKAY.

Looking forward to opening next spring because even IF we open to green, which I don't believe we will, I know how to bring it back to clear and sparkling without spending $500 at the pool store like we did this year. Planning on a gorgeous pool for 4 months instead of 1 next year, thanks to TFP!!!

Great job clearing up your pool :goodjob: .

mlrogers said:
Looking forward to opening next spring because even IF we open to green, which I don't believe we will, I know how to bring it back to clear and sparkling without spending $500 at the pool store like we did this year.
To minimize the risk of opening to green next spring, keep your pool operational until the water temperature reaches around 50°F, then close 'er up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.