Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winter cover brands. Who makes quality covers.

1. Back To Top    #1

Winter cover brands. Who makes quality covers.

Winter cover brands. Who makes quality covers. I'm in need of replacing my cover and looking on line they all look the same. Is there a brand that's better than others? 21 ft AG

Thanks,

Geo
    21 10500 gal AGP 52' sides, haward 3/4 hp xl pump and earth filter ec50
    Using the bbb method. Tf-100 kit. My first pool so learning in progress!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Winter cover brands. Who makes quality covers.

Look up hurricane covers for aboveground
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

3. Back To Top    #3

I received my new Hurricane Pool Cover a few weeks ago, looks to be built very well. It is an extremely heavy duty cover. Time will tell if it holds up well.

-Marvin
    24' x 54" Aqua Leader Influence Above Ground Pool
    Hayward Pro Series S180T Sand Filter w/Zeobrite
    Hayward Power-Flo Martix SP1592FP Pump
    Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 Test Kit
    Aquabot Pool Rover Jr. Pool Cleaner
    All equipment is hard plumbed

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, that's a little over kill formwhT I'm looking for. I just want a well made cover. All the covers online don't mention fabric thickness or weave of the cover. So it's just a guess on what I will be getting. I just want to buy good quality material.

Thanks,
    Geo
    21 10500 gal AGP 52' sides, haward 3/4 hp xl pump and earth filter ec50
    Using the bbb method. Tf-100 kit. My first pool so learning in progress!

5. Back To Top    #5

I've had really good luck with my 28' round arctic armor mesh pool cover. Going on my 6th year with the same cover. Cost was around $120.

Purchased 3 Intex Intex River Run II rafts to use as my ice equalizer pillows in the winter. Going on my 5th year with them. They do a fantastic job (espically with the high-back pillow on the raft) keeping the cover suspended and prevent water from puddling on the cover. I use ten 8' water bags to hold the cover down, then I use 30 2" steel spring clamps (with rubber ends) to roll the cover under the top rail/cap and "clip-it" with the clamps kind of like hanging a t-shirt on a cloths line. Knock on wood..... ten years and never had a cover fall in. All rain water and melted snow pass through the cover without issue. Breakout the back-pack leaf blower in November and blow the cover clean of all leaves and twigs. Add a gallon of shock (thru the mesh cover) in November and then another gallon in May. Pool is always clear in June when I pull the cover. Usually a quick vacuum to remove any fine silt on the bottom, SLAM the pool (per Pool School directions), and two days later the pool is crystal clear ready for the kids.
    2002 24' Aluminium Sharkline Coronado 52" AG Pool, Hayward EC50 DE Filter, Hayward 1HP Power-Flo LX Pump, TF-100 Test Kit