Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HPI safety cover

1. Back To Top    #1

HPI safety cover

Hey folks, trying to decide between and HPI and Loop Loc safety covers. Loop Loc is on average $400 more expensive than the HPI. The rep i'm talking to is swearing up and down that HPI is just as good as Loop Loc and they sell both (though I think they probably make more on the HPI covers).

In any case, any feedback, experience on the HPI brand covers?

Thanks
    19200gl rectangular gunite/diamondbrite perl pool || Coverpools auto cover || Jandy variable speed 2hp e-pump & Polaris PB4-60 booster pump || Polaris 3900 sport cleaner || Jandy CV filter || Jandy AqualinkRS8 w/Aqualink touch || Jandy iAqualink2.0 || Jandy Watercolors LED || Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWCG || Hayward auto chlorinator (backup) || Raypak 117k BTU heat pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HPI safety cover

Anyone? I'm really leaning towards the HPI cover, but would like to get some feedback. Any would be much appreciated.
    19200gl rectangular gunite/diamondbrite perl pool || Coverpools auto cover || Jandy variable speed 2hp e-pump & Polaris PB4-60 booster pump || Polaris 3900 sport cleaner || Jandy CV filter || Jandy AqualinkRS8 w/Aqualink touch || Jandy iAqualink2.0 || Jandy Watercolors LED || Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWCG || Hayward auto chlorinator (backup) || Raypak 117k BTU heat pump

3. Back To Top    #3

just placed my order from Loop Loc and i never heard of the HPI brand. I did alot of research and want to deal with a company that has a great reputation . I have called Loop Loc about 6 times for info an have always gotten a rep who was knowledeable very quickly .I say its worth the money !! I emailed about 4 companies online and got the rock bottom price for my cover as well as my brother in law . If u want info email me

4. Back To Top    #4

Those of you buying a winter cover online... are you doing the install yourself? Do you have a standard shape pool that needed no measuring? Just curious... I am getting quotes for an irregular shape cover from pool builder that are significantly higher than I expected!
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

5. Back To Top    #5

We took the loop loc instructions and measured entire pool with points a and b from pool ,20 feet long and at least 4-5 feet from pool , number entire pool starting at point 1 and every 1 1/2 or 2 feet with next number then submit to vendors . We will be doing the work ourselves as companies in NY wanted approx $2500 with cover and install.Ordered online for $1060 and install is on me, a great savings !

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks ajpslp. I would definitely love to get the name from where you get it from. PM'ing you.

7. Back To Top    #7

Can you email where you purchased your loop loc cover please. bobgio90@hotmail.com
    Bob G, 18x36, 21000 Litre, inground, starite system 3 cartridge filter, raypac heater