Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hair net for skimmer sock?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hair net for skimmer sock?

I was about to purchase some more skimmer socks and got to reading the reviews. One fellow said he had switched to non-woven foodservice hair nets with good results.

I see super thin spun poly hair nets and thicker ones.

Has anyone tried this? Are the super thin ones durable enough? Anyone have a brand or source to suggest?
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hair net for skimmer sock?

I just use the wife's knee highs It works for me, I think she thinks the dryer eats them.... That's my story and I am sticking to it.
    17500 gallon Doughboy AGP, Hayward DE filter, waiting for the 1.5hp DB pump to go out.
    Learn to take the advice here and be trouble free or use the pool store's advice. "You can't do both and get very far"

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hair net for skimmer sock?

Skimmer is too wide for knee hi stockings.

Meanwhile, backup valve on Polaris is cracked... a nice welcome back from vacation. .. at least pool chemistry looks good after 2 1/2 weeks.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.