Test results in new pool, could use help!

ktyler

Jun 18, 2013
Southwest Louisiana
My pool is only a little over a week old. Friday made one week that it was filled up. I tested my water this morning and here are my results:

With the daily test kit (blue box) I had:
Chlorine 5
Br 10
PH 8.2

Then I did the other tests:
FC 3.5
CC .5
TC 4
TA 150 (this has came down on it's own, two days after the pool was finished I tested and this was at 210)
CH 20
CYA 0 (the black dot never goes away) I see it says this test is subjective and may take a time or two to get it right, what could I be doing wrong?

So once I entered it into the calculator it says to lower my TA I should lower my ph to 7.0-7.2. Should I do this or wait longer and see if the TA comes down any more on it's own since the pool is new? If I do this I'm going to need 184 oz of muratic acid right?

Then it says I need 115 oz calcium chloride, my pool person told me this isn't important for a liner pool??

And I should put 630 oz liquid stabilizer

Thanks for any advice, I'll wait to see what you guys say before I do anything. I think my signature has all of my pool information, but if you need anything else let me know.

Go ahead and add the acid to lower the pH to about 7.2 and then add the stabilizer.
What have you been using to raise the FC in the pool?

I get 630 oz of liquid to get to about 65 ppm CYA, if you haven't added anything that has CYA in it. Why do you want to use Liquid? It's a lot more expensive than granules. It's fine to use if that's what you want.

Don't worry about the CH. Your pool person was right about it not being needed in a vinyl pool.

Ok, I'll get the acid and add it. I've not done anything to adjust my FC level, I have a salt water generator, my pool installer told me to set it to 100% output. He hasn't been back to give me the whole orientation yet on how to work everything, so my pump has been running 24 hours a day since the pool was finished. He said he was coming on either saturday or today to show me everything and to set the pump on a timer. I'm hoping he comes today, I feel like I'm kind of winging it now. I've been trying to read up on here about all of the equipment.

And I didn't know anything about the stabilizer, I just saw it on the calculator as liquid. I'll look up the value for the granules and see what I need. I've never bought it before so I didn't know the difference in cost.

Thank you for the reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.