First SLAM into it 2 full days and still cloudy

Aug 17, 2013
Using the instructions for new pools this thing has been fairly stable for a month.
FC=3.5
CC=.5
TC=4
TA=90
CH=130
CYA=30
PH=7.5

Last week it went cloudy in 3 days. I started a SLAM Friday afternoon using the bottom of the pool calc and and by Friday eve at 21:00 I got it up to this.
FC=14
CC=0
TC=14
TA=90
CH=100
CYA=24
PH=7.2

I've had to add Bleach a few times over the weekend to keep FC around 14, lowest was Saturday morning at 11 and a high of 15.5 this morning. The rest of the parameters have stayed pretty much the same. It has helped but it is still somewhat cloudy. white cloudy, I've yet to see any green and the pool get full sun all day.

Should I just keep at it till it clears or is there something else I should try? I know the CYA is low but if I'm right from my understanding of readiing here all weekend that probably is not much of a factor with this problem, I could be very wrong though.

Welcome toTFP!

It may just be that your filter is going to be slow clearing the pool. Cloudiness can take a while to clear.

Man I have replaced that filter 4 times and have started simply hosing them off real good and rotating them out every 6 hours or so. They are getting covered in a clearish, very light brown substance.

I have been brushing and vacuuming a whole lot too. I really need a bigger pump. I suspect those things will start going on sale over the winter? Anyway, that is another thread for another day.....

They are getting covered in a clearish, very light brown substance.
That's a good thing. You are killing the organics and they are getting filtered out. Keep you FC up at 14 ppm and keep doing everything else you are doing. The time between filter exchanges will start to increase soon.

Well I can see the bottom now. Let me really vac now I can see what is down there. Going to try the overnight deal tonight to see how it goes. How much will a couple inches if rain matter to all of this?

One unintended consequence of the SLAM...... plenty bleach bottles for holding the cover down in another month!

Actually wound up with 4 inches.

Well it cleared up real nice, got it almost vacuumed up when the pump took a dive. I took it apart and called Intex only to find out this is a summer escapes, not Intex. Called summer escapes and well..... I'd best just not say anything other than it was not a very good customer experience.

So, my pump decision making starts this morning, lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.