will these steps work with my ag pool

I found these for sale and the lady said her husband thought these would only work for an inground pool but I think they look like they would work on my above ground pool. they kind of look like grand entrance steps

Attachments

• pool steps.jpg
    pool steps.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 167
  • pool steps.jpg
    pool steps.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 167
They should work BUT they are a magnet for algae! We finally gave ours away as there was nothing we did the stopped the algae.

We took them out and cleaned over and over. We were having to take them out once a week to clean! That is a LOT of work!

Kim

And if yer gonna take woodyp's suggestion, a "step" bit, no pun intended :wink: is what I'd recommend you use for the holes. If you don't know what a step bit is, just ask the folks at your local hardware store. Irwin brand calls them Uni-bits. They, unfortunately, are VERY expensive(for a drill bit), but will make absolutely perfect holes in plastic with virtually zero effort.

We have similar steps for our AGP but have no problems with algae. Ours has holes in the sides and at the treads of each step. Our problem is that they float and need weights to hold it down.

Kim, what kind of steps did you use to replace your previous ones?

Just the plain, boring straight up and down steps. We made sure they had no places for algae to hide.

Our old wedding cake steps had holes in the side from the factory.

BUT now that I think about it they were with my old pool where I was SO pool stored it is not even funny :( I bet we could have wedding cake steps with TFP.

I think that I saw that some people used large PVC "weights" to hold their steps down. Fill them with sand and close it up and call it good.

Kim

Here's one that won't break the bank. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000FZ2UO ... X110_SY165

I suppose you could use a 1" spade bit, but if it binds up yer gonna have a less than pretty hole, or worse if the plastic has become brittle. The problem with using a "regular" 1" bit is you're not likely to find one with anything smaller than a 1/2" shank. The shank is the part that goes in the chuck of your drill. If you only have a 3/8's chuck, I highly doubt you'll find a large bit that'll fit it. Also, large standard bits are expensive. Most likely as expensive as the step bit in the link I posted.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.