Another new build in Prosper, TX (pic update 12/5)

ca858cb0c8b7c349516c1b29bbe1f05c.jpg

Caroline helping to load the pavers.

Are the pavers going over the dirt by the equipment? If so, you might consider another layer of fabric on top of the dirt. Reason being that when stepping on the edge of the pavers, they may want to depress into the soil and get stuck on each other and be somewhat wonky. Having a layer of tightly spread fabric that is staked down would help to alleviate the push down issue and potentially keep them in better alignment (up and down, not side to side). It would also alleviate anything from taking root and growing out of the dirt you have so neatly added. Could also keep ants from dragging dirt up into piles on the pavers. Looking forward to seeing that area. Hopefully the cutting goes easily. What will you be cutting them with?

I put down a layer of fabric, then fill dirt, then decomposed granite. These pavers are recycled rubber (http://www.envirotile.ca/index.html) that connect to each other via plastic clips to keep movement down to a minimum. They can be cut with a standard utility knife.

I initially liked this product since I can install the pattern in which I believe will meet my needs, but if not, I can move them around fairly easily. Time will tell whether this is the long term solution that I'm looking for or not.

Sounds promising. I hope it is for the LT. You can also lift free weights on that side of the house and have a great gym surface.

Primarily because I wanted a surface that if I'm bare footed and need/want to be at the equipment pad, I wouldn't have to worry about the rock.

We are also putting a storage chest next to the pad for all of the pool toys. I don't want any excuses from the kids as to why they didn't pick up 75 pool noodles. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.