Another new build in Prosper, TX (pic update 12/5)

Re: Another new build in Prosper, TX (updated 9/28)

Stone work continued today. They were slowed a bit as we were also having an in-ground tornado shelter installed while our fence was down. Of course, once they arrived and told me about the type of truck they use to unload the concrete shelter, we had to remove another two sections of fence. Yeah, we'll have to fix those ourselves. Rats.

Ongoing coping work.

coping_zps87ecbe33.jpg

Spa is getting close to being finished.

spa_zpsdc1911b1.jpg

....and the new tornado shelter. We both grew up in OK, and living here in north TX, we feel better just having this option. Hope we never have to use it. We are planning to use some landscaping to "hide" it somewhat after the fill dirt settles.

shelter_zps35928ddd.jpg

Re: Another new build in Prosper, TX (updated 9/27)

If I lived up in N. Texas I would have a storm shelter too. My sister lives only 30 miles south of Joplin and when that storm blew through she said it was the most violent storm she has ever been in. She hid in her basement for several hours.

Re: Another new build in Prosper, TX (updated 10/1)

Things continue to move along. Yesterday, the stone on the sides and spillway of the spa were finished, and the kitchen work started. I was caught off guard as we didn't have our grill, shelves, refrig on site, so they were asking for them to frame out the kitchen island and I had to scramble and make some calls to have them delivered in the afternoon. Now we're trying to get the builder of the arbor here tomorrow to install a post (somewhat integrated in the island) so they can get to the counter top soon.

spa_zps9bf0ddba.jpg

kitchen_zpsa849eec0.jpg

I don't know the name of the tile, but can find out for you.

We are going with Stonescapes Tahoe Blue for our plaster (the mini-pebble, similar to Pebble Sheen).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

With the exception of installing the mini-fridge, the kitchen is done. Since the corner post for the arbor is integrated in the corner of the island, it had to be installed prior of the rest of the arbor. I believe that they will begin filling all of the trenches and leveling the ground for the patio this next week.

grill_zpse83ed99d.jpg

Readyforapool said:
Looks good- like the setup for your outdoor kitchen, exactly what we want. Did you order the appliances separately rather than going through the pool builder?

We opted to purchase them ourselves. Our builder had deals on one certain brand of grills that I didn't really want, so we purchased and had them delivered for the masons to install as they built the island.

Tuesday was deck forming day. Crew brought in the Bobcat with loads of dirt to fill the trenches and level everything. I've never seen a Bobcat fit in such tight spaces...and get in and out with such ease. Guys knew what they were doing, and had obviously done it before, many times.

bobcat2_zps23222388.jpg

bobcat_zps5a6dec36.jpg

Next was the rebar...

deck_zpse7333d68.jpg

deck2_zps4ba8898c.jpg

deck3_zps95827418.jpg

The City was short on inspectors Wednesday, so we're hoping they came by yesterday. If so, concrete should happen today. If it does, next week should be the arbor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.