Hayward salt clorinator T9 cell not producing chlorine.

Sep 8, 2013
I have a hayward Aquarite Pro with sense and dispense and a T 9 cell. The control board was recently replaced and now the controller indicates a +/- 28V and 5A reading however the cell does not appear to be making chlorine. The CYA is low however we are closing the pool soon and did not plan on increasing it.

Has anyone else had this type of problem with a system like this?

If you have voltage and current, then the cell is probably making chlorine. You should not be using the salt system to clear algae. You need to use liquid chlorine and follow the Slam process.

I believe I have figured the problem out. It had more algae than I originally thought. In addition, the cya level was zero. I added liquid chlorine and power on a regular basis and filtered 24 hrs a day until it cleared up. the T cell appears to be keeping up with manufacture of chlorine now and the water is clear.

Thanks for everyones help on this board!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Unless you properly SLAMed the pool and passed the 3 criteria to stop, it is impossible to be sure you have fully killed off the algae. Of course this requires one of the Recommended Test Kits which you seem reluctant to admit whether you have or now.

[slam:2esa8mzx][/slam:2esa8mzx]

Pool Store testing has proven to be unreliable, unrepeatable, and inaccurate over and over again ... just search the forum.

If you want to truly take control of your pool and understand the chemistry and thus save money by not adding unneeded chemicals ... then you need to make the investment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.