Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua leader 23'10" j hook pool liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua leader 23'10" j hook pool liner

Hi what size after market pool liner can I buy to replace the aqua leader pool liner originally installed 20 years or so ago?
    I just called the store and they want over $500 for a new liner that will fit our pool. I was looking at Unibead liners that were 24' round with the j hook installation.
    WILL this fit? I also have a hopper (deeper section in the middle of the pool about five feet) will I need a 48" or 52" to accommodate that extra depth?

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Aqua leader 23'10" j hook pool liner

Welcome to TFP!

I know this is an older post and no one answered it, but wanted to encourage you to continue to post and ask questions. Not every question gets an answer, but we should have at least welcomed you to the forum.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

Does anyone have any suggestions. If I take the pool down how much could I ask for it. It is in good shape and can be reinstalled no problem.
    Thanks for any input....

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Used pools vary so widely it is impossible even to guess. Your best bet is Craigslist and use your judgement.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5
    Houston, Texas

If you are still looking for a liner, have you thought of trying an expandable overlap liner such as this one?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

It sounds like you have a fitted (custom) liner). I would go with the 1st option, especially if it is guaranteed to fit (if its the same as the original it should fit just as well as the original - maybe even better, depending on your skill as an installer.) Anything else provided by an alternate vendor will be hit or miss unless you provide them actual measurements. Even then the ultimate responsibility for a good fit will be on you and your tolerance for perfection versus wrinkles.