Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Closing and the Liquidator

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Closing and the Liquidator

This has been my first year maintaining my pool using the TFP methods. I started out of the box using the Liquidator and once I had it dialed in, found it very easy to maintain my pool. So now it closing time here in CT and I normally disassemble my pump and filter and store the parts in my shed over the winter. This being the first time that I will need to tear-down the Liquidator I wondering how other people go about emptying it? Do I stop putting chlorine in it and let it continue to run then somehow empty it into the pool? Any advice and best practices would be much appreciated

Regards
    Rich (laprjns)
    30,000 gal, 20 x 40 ft vinyl, IG, installed 2006
    1 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair Quad D.E., Liquidator(8 gallon) with 3/8 upgrade,TigerShark cleaning robot
    TFTestkits TF-100 with SpeedStir,WS
    A proud practitioner of TFP since 2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Closing and the Liquidator

Since you need to bring the pool up to shock level before closing it anyway, I would open the LQ valve all the way and let it empty the bleach out of it. I also used to take a section of tubing and hook it to the suction fitting in the plumbing and drop the end of it in the LQ and close off the inlet and let the pump suck most of the liquid out of the LQ. That way you don't have to handle as much water.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool Closing and the Liquidator

Thanks, that makes sense.
    30,000 gal, 20 x 40 ft vinyl, IG, installed 2006
    1 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair Quad D.E., Liquidator(8 gallon) with 3/8 upgrade,TigerShark cleaning robot
    TFTestkits TF-100 with SpeedStir,WS
    A proud practitioner of TFP since 2013