Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Intelliflo VF Warranty?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Intelliflo VF Warranty?

I'm trying to find out the warranty on Intelliflo Pumps. I've looked all over Pentair's site. Did searches everywhere as well.

I was talking to a guy on Friday who said they had upped the Warranty from 1 year to 3. But I can't find that anywhere.

Do you guys know if the warranty is 3 years?
    14x30 PebbleTec(Caribbean Blue) 12,000 Gals BORAX
    Pentair IntelliFlo <<>> Pentair FNS Plus DE
    Pentair 5G Intellibrite w/Intellibrite Controller
    ROME Solarium 125 Heat Pump
    Kreepy Krauly Classic <<>> Pentair 320 Feeder

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Intelliflo VF Warranty?

I know they offer 3 years of you bought 3 pieces of equipment at the same time. Have not seen that they raised it to 3 for just the pump.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

The VF I just bought says 1 year in the documentation. But I suppose it could be outdated?
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH
    The VF I just bought says 1 year in the documentation. But I suppose it could be outdated?
    It was interesting because I was asking about reliability and the guy told me they must be reliable because Pentair had just upped the warranty period. I think he was incorrectly referring to the "buy three" deal.

5. Back To Top    #5

It is possible it's changed. I am just going by the warranty card that came in the box.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

The warranty card on the Pentair website states 1 year warranty on pumps.
    http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/LimitedWarrantyCard.pdf

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH
    The warranty card on the Pentair website states 1 year warranty on pumps.
    http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/LimitedWarrantyCard.pdf

The Force is strong in this one...

I looked all over their site looking for warranty stuff to no avail. Thanx for looking that up. I may call them on Monday, but I imagine some of the guys here would know if it had been increased.

8. Back To Top    #8

did you find out? At least one website says thats true if pump is professionally installed.

http://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/best ... ump/136227

Pumps: 1-year professionally installed
    IntelliFlo & IntelliPro variable speed pumps 3-year warranty when professionally installed

From what i read at amazon reviews etc, the replacement of control panel is one time only. So 1 yr - 3yr may not make much difference. But the change does make professional install worth it.. Self install 60 days warranty, professional install 3 yr warranty.
    Go Spa 742 | 310 Gal | Ozone | Lucite Cast Acryllic | 220v | Installed Aug 2013
    Grilling | Cooking | Wine | Coffee Home Roaster | Frozen Concoctions

9. Back To Top    #9

I really like Pentair equipment, but I won't be buying any more of it if that's how they are.

It's easy to figure out if an installation was done correctly with a few pictures. Having a so called "professional" do it is no garantee that it's done professionally.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    I really like Pentair equipment, but I won't be buying any more of it if that's how they are.

It's easy to figure out if an installation was done correctly with a few pictures. Having a so called "professional" do it is no garantee that it's done professionally.
    Totally agree ... we all see how good the "professionals" are with water chemistry
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

11. Back To Top    #11

I was planning a DIY to new pump, been thinking of intelliflo for a while, finally when i was about to do this, i find this. 60 day warranty is show stopper for me. either its a bad product or they want to discourage DIY. I cannot risk replacing a working pump with something that is only guaranteed for 60 days. I will now have to evaluate the benefits with Installation cost.

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler

Totally agree ... we all see how good the "professionals" are with water chemistry

12. Back To Top    #12

Do you also have a rebate available for the VS pumps out there in CA? Often the rebate is only valid for a professional (have to be a on a certain list) installer also.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

13. Back To Top    #13

PG&E has $100 rebate, i did not see the requirement for professional installation for it.

http://www.pge.com/includes/docs/pdfs/s ... atalog.pdf

Follow all manufacturer installation requirements.
    • All pumps must be new, and must be purchased and
    installed between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2014.

Nothing says professional install is required.

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    Do you also have a rebate available for the VS pumps out there in CA? Often the rebate is only valid for a professional (have to be a on a certain list) installer also.

14. Back To Top    #14

Professional installation is not required for the installation. If a professional does the installation however PG&E will pay them &200 per pump. So you need to ask for additional discount.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

15. Back To Top    #15

I sent email to Pentair and they say the warranty is still 1 yr. So not sure which one is true anymore.

16. Back To Top    #16

It's 3 years if professionally installed, otherwise it's 60 days. This is for the Intelliflo & intellipro pumps.

http://www.poolspanews.com/retailing/bi ... ies_o.aspx
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. Back To Top    #17

In the Industry

Its 60 days unless installed by a qualified installer which takes it to 3 years as long as registered within 60 days... In the state of Texas a professional installer has to have an Appliance license or Electrical licenses to get the warranty over 60 days... In a Pentair meeting they told us if the installer isn't licensed not to cover it under warranty since its required by law to have at least an Appliance license to do any electrical on a pool..