Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Part EC-1272 from Hayward filter fell out

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Part EC-1272 from Hayward filter fell out

    At some point this season my Hayward filter started to have a knocking sound coming from the tank / filter body when the pump was running. Like there was a part loose or a rock in the tank / filter body knocking around in there. While closing my pool this today, I cleaned out my Hayward filter and pump and lubed up all gaskets for next year.

    While doing that this part fell out of the Hayward filter. It's heavy and feels like it's made of brass with a plastic insert. EC-1272 marked on the plastic. Brass is flat on one side, cupped on the other side.

    Any idea if this is a critical part or better yet where do I put it and how do I put it back? Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    I googled searched the part # EC-1272 and someone else asked the same question sometime ago in a Corvette forum ( ... -part.html) so I plagiarized the pics and some of the verbiage, sorry Corvette dudes.
    22,833 gallons

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Re: Part EC-1272 from Hayward filter fell out

    It is a Hayward model EC40C92STL, from ... 5516_I.htm attached is the parts diagram and there is no mention of EC-1272.
    22,833 gallons

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Re: Part EC-1272 from Hayward filter fell out

    That's the weight from the check valve. ... _-1___.htm
    Support the site

    Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts