Nazareth, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
This forum has never steered me wrong, so I'm reaching out to my TFP friends for some more pool advice!!

I've been researching safety covers for my IGP and have obtained quotes for the following covers (Anchor vs. Loop Loc). From other posts I've seen on this forum, it seems Loop Loc is favored over Anchor as being an overall better product, so I would expect the cost to reflect that. However, I'm finding the 2 quotes (Anchor vs. Loop Loc) being comparable. Anyone care to comment on these quotes with any preference, recommendations, or items missing?

LOOP - LOC MESH SAFETY SWIMMING POOL COVER - SPRING GREEN - 3x3 TREATMENT
Raised wall - Cable-Loc Raised Wall Safety Barrier D - Ring Treatment at No Charge
COVER HARDWARE: 48+ Brass Anchors,
17 CABLE WALL ANCHOR,
23 Cable by the Foot,
1 CABLE KIT,
10 15" Aluminum Pipe,
48+ Springs ( Regular w/cover) - Stainless Steel,
1 Wall Anchor Tamp Tool

$4,122.60 (shipping an additional $85 - $125)

Anchor
Unfortunately I don't have the detailed breakdown for Anchor like I do for Loop Loc, but this I do know:
Solid Safety Cover including all hardware, special treatment for boulder waterfall, above cover water pump, shipping and installation
$4,900 (plus a $250 gift card for use in my pool store) - based on 777 sq ft measurement
I mentioned I was leaning more towards mesh though and after a recalculation and a little bit of rounding, I was given a flat quote of $4,000 for Defender Mesh cover

Some items that still concern me though are:
- Mesh vs. Solid - I keep hearing pros/cons of each. I don't live near any highways, no pesticide runoff, and no trees in the area.
- Barrier system for boulder waterfall - Loop Loc showed me a sample of their system and it looks interesting. Haven't seen what Anchor uses, but from pics seems to be more like a solid tube of similar cover material pressed up against wall. Either system any better than the other?
- Color - I prefer a tan color, but if I do go with mesh, Loop Loc has a tan option while Anchor Defender Mesh appears to come in green/black only.
- Hardware - I saw a post in this forum about the installation tool not being included, and haven't seen this in either of these quotes either. Just wondering what other surprise charges I may be in for.

Thoughts?

P.S. I do also have another quote for Coverlon Super Mesh for $3,500 but that is without ever measuring and a statement that there could be additional charges, so I'm sort of discounting this one right away as I don't like that the rep didn't even bother to come measure, so I fear what is yet to come.

I have an Anchor cover that was custom engineering by a real engineer to fit my fountain and fire pits etc. They are the best.

I am not sure where you are, but I have an account with them and can get you a cover. Just email me if you want me to check on one.

It does come with the installation tool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.