PleatCo Cartridgesor Hayward C3025

SekiM

Apr 18, 2013
Has anybody ever bought the off brand Cartridge filters PleatCo?
I bought these 3 months ago (4 pack) for my Hayward C3025 and I am having to clean the cartridges weekly as I am noticing the PSI is over the higher pressure gauge which I reset after cleaning out the filters? I rinse them down thoroughly with a hose to the point where they look like new again (I don't use too high pressure either) but like I said within a week they need a clean again. notice a massive difference in the pressure coming out of the jets as well.

Anyone ever used them and had the same experience? want to make sure before I go out and spend $400 on 4 new Hayward cartridges (can anyone recommend a cheaper place online?) that it is more than likely the cartridges or if I am doing something wrong (still quite new to pool maintenance since buying the house in February this year).

Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance for viewing/responding.

MikeS.

Filters getting plugged up are a sign they are doing what they are supposed to do.....filter debris from your water. That is far more often a problem with pool water chemistry than any shortcomings of the cartridge.

What does your water look like?

Can you post a set of test results?

Had any algae issues lately?

thanks for your response. The water at the moment looks good but a little cloudy as I have just finished giving the entire pool a good clean (brushing, vacuum, shock, cleaning filters) but it was looking a little green before cleaning and yes I am having algae issues at the moment around the wall of the pool. I will try to post some test results shortly after I let the shock do its thing a little longer. I have been blaming the cartridges for the algae issue so maybe I am wrong. I have gone though so much liquid shock and yellow out and it (algae) keeps coming back.

...just wanted to add that when I was cleaning the cartridges, there was a lot of white almost milky color coming out of them, no idea what that is, there wasn't much debris as I use skimmer socks.

Read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School

Then read "SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain" in the How To section of Pool School.

You need to SLAM the pool which will finally get rid of the algae. You will have to clean your filters a LOT during this process but filtration does not get rid of live algae.....chlorine does.

I work in the industry and can say that pleatco has a tighter weave on there fabric that is more consistent so it will catch more debris and smaller particles. I have sold numerous sets of pleatcos and havent had any come back with that issue. I would check water chemistry like the others suggested.

I agree with the others above, your filters seem to be doing a great job for you...i.e. they are catching debris. I agree with duraleigh that this is likely due to algae, so the SLAM process is needed.

I use pleatco and unicel filters on my hot tub cart and they work great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.