Stabilizer

K

kermit7012

This is my first post and I'm sure I should not be posting this as a new topic but I'm having difficulty navigating the site, so if someone could answer one quick question: Is there a GENERIC stabilizer or do I have to buy the stuff from a pool place?

You can buy it from WallyWorld, Lowes, Pool Store, HD, etc. Lots of folks say the CYA/stabilizer/conditioner sold at WallyWorld is more powdery and dissolves faster.

Read the ingredients. It should be 96+% cyanuric acid.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

ETA: I mean, welcome to posting on the forum :-D

If your asking if there is a generic form of Stabilizer like pool store TA up being just common Baking Soda, then the answer is no, CYA Stabilizer is a pool only product, however as others have mentioned it is available anywhere pool supplies are sold, which includes many hardware stores, and big box stores like Wal-Mart in the their garden/pool sections. Most of this is covered in the pool school link in the upper right of each page here.

Ike

woodyp said:
Just don't waste your money on the liquid stabilizer.

Oh no what's wrong with the liquid stabilizer? I just put some in my pool....conditioner from Leslie's.

Also, how long should you run your pump after adding? When can you test to see your results?

mjminto said:
woodyp said:
Just don't waste your money on the liquid stabilizer.

Oh no what's wrong with the liquid stabilizer? I just put some in my pool....conditioner from Leslie's.

Also, how long should you run your pump after adding? When can you test to see your results?

nothing is "wrong" with it....it just costs too much....nothing to worry about if you have used it...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.