I plan to get an above the ground pool for my kids soon but I have little knowledge on how to get start and what is needed to have a clean pool. I plan to buy an 16' by 4' intex one for now since my kids are still a bit young. I heard that if you get a saltwater system and attach to your pump, you won't have to take care of the pool as much (adding chlorine and such). It would really help if I can get some advices on how to start up a new pool. I was told that if I have the saltwater system then all I need is fill it up with water and add pool salt in then start up the system.
some of my concerns are:
- what do I do after filling the pool with the garden hose?
- How much salt should I add in the pool?
- What other things I need to buy other than the pool and saltwater system?
- Should I get another kind of pump instead of using the pump that came with the pool by Intex? If yes then what kind of pump should I buy?
- How often do I need to change the cartridge filter for the pump?
I am not sure if it's correct or not so any advices would be greatly appreciated.