Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar LED Post Caps

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar LED Post Caps

Any luck with these for anybody?

I have a composite deck off the back of the house meeting the AGP in the back yard. Was thinking about lighting, and have seen some post cap solar powered LEDs on the interwebs, but am wondering if anyone has specific experience or feedback on which ones to use or, more importantly, to avoid.

See picture....Thinking of replacing the post caps, or some of them, with post caps with lighting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24 ft. above ground pool, 13,500 gallons, installed summer 2013
    Cartridge Filter, Hayward 1.5 HP Power-Flo LX pump
    Main drain
    5 happy swimming children
    NW Indiana

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar LED Post Caps

Good idea, but just don't expect a lot of area lighting from them. You have an ideal application for them, but the ones I have seen don't provide a lot of light.

I have a number of lights installed and can light my pool area several different ways and to different light levels. We find that we lean toward soft low lighting most of the time anyway, so the post lights may be an ideal solution for your pool.
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Dannebrog, Nebraska

I installed 8 of them on top of my deck post they do not provide much light. But they look very nice outlines the deck very nicely. I think mine were 4 lums if I remenber right.
    24ft x 52in Round AGP Heritage pool Aquamaster 19 in sand filter & 1 hp pump. Clear Solar blanket 12 Mil. TF-100 Test Kit. Pool filled June 3rd 2013 well water.

4. Back To Top    #4
    East Texas

More of a "glow" effect.......but I like them. Outlines the railing at least.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

I used this to cap the post that our outlets are attached to...
    21' AG (~11,000 gallons)
    Hayward S180T sand filter (35 gpm)
    Hayward Power-Flow SP1510 pump