Hot Spring Vanguard - Ceramic Tri-X Falling Apart???

SirBrowning

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 18, 2013
Northwest Florida
Curious, what could have caused this???

The filters were always hand washed with a hose (never in a dishwasher) and the PH and chlorine was always maintained.

Filters are about 3 years old.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• TriX-Filter-UNGLUED.jpg
    TriX-Filter-UNGLUED.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 80
Re: Hot Spring Vanguard - Ceramic Tri-X or Pleated Filters?

Any input? As I am ordering a new set and really don't want it to happen again.

I have heard the paper Pleated filters are 1/3 of the cost and tend to be a lot healthier for the HotSpring pumps/system. Not to mention they aren't that much more difficult to clean.

Any advice or experience from Hot Spring Technicians would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ceramic filters are not meant to last 3 years and if they are falling apart your hot tub can be damaged. They are 2 year filters and do not filter as well as the paper filters. Most hot tubs have lots of ceramic filters Hot Springs has 5 you need to purchase at least every 2 years. Thats now up to $400.00. I switched to paper filters after 18 months and have found a cleaner hot tub since. Plenty of money is made selling ceramic filters. Washing in a dishwasher makes them not last as long. Don't fall for that gimmick. Anything to sell a hot tub. If you want to know about a salt system just ask. I have a horror story on that for sure.

Curious, what could have caused this???

The filters were always hand washed with a hose (never in a dishwasher) and the PH and chlorine was always maintained.

Filters are about 3 years old.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.