AGP storage for chems? Looking for pictures

Jul 25, 2011
Bedford, NH
I have an 18' AGP, and will be pouring a small concrete pad to hard-plumb my filter for next season. I use the BBB method, and would love to have some small cabinet or storage near the filter so I don't have to lug my toolbox (test kit, etc) and bleach bottles from the garage each time. Does anyone have any storage near their filter? Can you post pictures? My filter is in a visible part of my yard, so trying to see if this is feasible, or if it would be an eyesore.

Sorry, no pictures, but a couple of thoughts. First, you really should keep your Test Kit indoors at all times when not in use and in the off season as well. Also, if you make it out of something that will rust at all, it will corrode much quicker with exposure to chemical vapors. Lastly, it isn't a good idea to store Chlorine and Acid in the same small space. Sorry to be a buzzkill... :oops:

I keep my chemicals and test kit in the laundry room in my basement. After all, most of the chemicals are laundry products anyway. I have one of those water sample bottles from the local pool store. I fill it from the pool and then bring it indoors to do all my tests rather than doing them poolside. The only exception is the CYA test which needs to be done outdoors.

DigbyAllen said:
I keep my chemicals and test kit in the laundry room in my basement. After all, most of the chemicals are laundry products anyway. I have one of those water sample bottles from the local pool store. I fill it from the pool and then bring it indoors to do all my tests rather than doing them poolside. The only exception is the CYA test which needs to be done outdoors.

Now why did I not think of this. Great IDEA!!

Another reason to love pool school
:-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.