Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP storage for chems? Looking for pictures

1. Back To Top    #1

AGP storage for chems? Looking for pictures

I have an 18' AGP, and will be pouring a small concrete pad to hard-plumb my filter for next season. I use the BBB method, and would love to have some small cabinet or storage near the filter so I don't have to lug my toolbox (test kit, etc) and bleach bottles from the garage each time. Does anyone have any storage near their filter? Can you post pictures? My filter is in a visible part of my yard, so trying to see if this is feasible, or if it would be an eyesore.
    18' round above ground, vinyl liner, 48" deep (flat), Confer Step1 steps. Approximately 7600 gallons. Waterways/Proline FC075 cartridge filter. 75GPM (71 minute complete cycle), 75 sq ft filtration area.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AGP storage for chems? Looking for pictures

I thought I understood you should keep test kit and bleach etc. In a cool dry place so I keep mine in the basement? Will be watching what answers you get .
    24ft x 52in Round AGP Heritage pool Aquamaster 19 in sand filter & 1 hp pump. Clear Solar blanket 12 Mil. TF-100 Test Kit. Pool filled June 3rd 2013 well water.

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry, no pictures, but a couple of thoughts. First, you really should keep your Test Kit indoors at all times when not in use and in the off season as well. Also, if you make it out of something that will rust at all, it will corrode much quicker with exposure to chemical vapors. Lastly, it isn't a good idea to store Chlorine and Acid in the same small space. Sorry to be a buzzkill...
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

I keep my chemicals and test kit in the laundry room in my basement. After all, most of the chemicals are laundry products anyway. I have one of those water sample bottles from the local pool store. I fill it from the pool and then bring it indoors to do all my tests rather than doing them poolside. The only exception is the CYA test which needs to be done outdoors.
    Jim
    Intex 15' x 42" -- 4,000 gallons
    installed August 2012
    Intex 2650 sand filter, Hayward skimmer
    TF-100 test kit, TFP method

5. Back To Top    #5

Ah, I hadn't thought about that. Thanks!
    18' round above ground, vinyl liner, 48" deep (flat), Confer Step1 steps. Approximately 7600 gallons. Waterways/Proline FC075 cartridge filter. 75GPM (71 minute complete cycle), 75 sq ft filtration area.

6. Back To Top    #6

I keep my test kit in our kitchen, in a cupboard..handy and keeps it out of the weather...I store Bleach, Muriatic Acid, in a lockable rubbermaid "closet" that sits out behind our house.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by DigbyAllen
    I keep my chemicals and test kit in the laundry room in my basement. After all, most of the chemicals are laundry products anyway. I have one of those water sample bottles from the local pool store. I fill it from the pool and then bring it indoors to do all my tests rather than doing them poolside. The only exception is the CYA test which needs to be done outdoors.
    Now why did I not think of this. Great IDEA!!

Another reason to love pool school
    ProSeries Above Ground 20x4 Sand filter 1 hp