LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2012
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
:hammer: Due to my carelessness, the water level went below the skimmer feed some time during the night. Now the pump whines at a high pitch. I disconnected the hose from the skimmer basket and put it directly into the pool water. It still pumps but still whines. I wasn't exactly ready to shut down for the season but this might be it. After reading other posts, am I right in thinking its time for a new pump?
We have a 1 hp, 10 amp doughboy power pak pump, single speed and I run it 24/7. We've used it 7 years and got it from the neighbor when they moved, who used it 2-3 years. What kind of pump do others recommend?
Thanks.

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Pentair- ... 340206.htm

Pentair Dynamo #340206. We have a 16x32 buried Doughboy with 7' deep end. We installed this pump four years ago and it's been running 24/7 (on low) since. It only gets turned off to backwash, which isn't very often since I use the skimmer socks. It's VERY quiet, even after four years of non-stop pumping.

And our electric bill decreased significantly after we switched out the single-speed (which only ran 10-hrs/day) to the dual-speed (runs 24/7/365 on low).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.