Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Loop-loc install coming- lower water days in advance?

1. Back To Top    #1

Loop-loc install coming- lower water days in advance?

My looploc cover should be showing up soon. I'm going to close the pool myself, and time it so the cover comes either that day or the next. I'd like to drop the water level a day or two before they come so I can replace some tiles and paint my love-seat/bench area. I was thinking I could leave the pump running, set on bottom drain and the returns can just "waterfall" into the pool until they are ready to install the cover. Then I can do the final blowing of the lines and drain the morning they will install the cover. Will that work okay? I'll have to manually keep the pool skimmed of all the leaves and bugs, that that should be about it.
    45'x12' 17k gal, IG plaster, Pool Pilot Nano+ SWG, 1/2hp Whisperflo pump, PAC-FAB TA-60D sand filter, Raypak 266 heater
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = Trouble Free Pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Loop-loc install coming- lower water days in advance?

Your water level needs to be within 15" of your cover for warranty. Going very far below the returns might be too low.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Ah good point. I'll have to measure when I get home. I might not be able to get the returns out of the water.
    45'x12' 17k gal, IG plaster, Pool Pilot Nano+ SWG, 1/2hp Whisperflo pump, PAC-FAB TA-60D sand filter, Raypak 266 heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by zimm
    Ah good point. I'll have to measure when I get home. I might not be able to get the returns out of the water.
    You dont need to drop the water below the returns. I understand why people think you need to though. Just blow them wet. Let them bubble for a bit, then plug them off.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'll do that. I measured it and it would be 16" from the returns to the top of the pool deck.

6. Back To Top    #6

I thought I'd follow up with my install. I lowered water 16" below the deck edge and they installed it this morning. I'm very happy.