Hoping to get some advice on resurfacing or repair

Hi all. Here's the story. Pool was completed late summer of 2005 by Anthony Sylvan. Surface is Pebble Tec. At the time the installer had a company handling openings for them. The company opened the pool, ran the filter and told me to do nothing but brush the surface until they come back. Well - it turned out the noobs they sent out did not open the main drain. You can probably imagine what happened ... and you'd be right. I was essentially brushing cement dust (or whatever) which built up in the main drain and solidified. Eventually the installer had to send a diver out to diagnose and to see if they could clear it. The blockage was so deep and solid that they were unable to do so. They had to drain the pool, jackhammer out the drain, replace it and then resurface that area. It looked slightly off from the rest. They told me this would go away over time and I, like a dolt, believed them.
It hasn't and I am now sick of the area looking like a large stain around the drain. In addition - I have a couple of other areas that appear slightly stained (I had some issues with low alk and low calcium due to prolonged and heavy rain). I also have some tiles just below the coping under the stone waterfall that come off each year. Started out as a couple of tiles. This year we were up to about 9 or 10 with a few others coming off further down the pool.

I was thinking I may need a resurface, taking care of the tile along the way. Is this the right approach and are there any considerations I need to take under advisement? What is the prep like on a resurface of Pebble Tec?

What is the prep like on a resurface of Pebble Tec?
I can think of no other way than to get the patched area to match up rather than drain and resurface the entire pool....big job.

Tiles are a seperate job but, like you say, can be fixed when the pool is drained.

Thank you for sharing this, Randomizer. We’re sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your pool and we would like to speak with you to better understand your concerns and to try to find a positive resolution. Please contact our Customer Care team, at [email protected], with a telephone number and best time to reach you, as well as the first and last name used on your contract. We look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

Owen
Anthony & Sylvan Pools
Customer Care

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.