Polaris 380 Running Half-Speed

May 24, 2009
NoVA
Help! I'm getting about 16 RPM. I've checked all the obvious things:
  • Polaris booster pump rebuilt at the start of this season. Seems to be running OK.
    Cleaned in-line filter.
    Backup valve backs up & shuts off completely.
    Took the cover off & everything looks OK; all hoses connected.
    Seems to have normal pressure & flow out of the tail, directional jet, & 3 bag jets.
    Swivels don't seem to be leaking.

Got any ideas?

Thanks!

Do you mean the filter on the wall? When you unscrew hose from wall there is a little screen that gets clogged. If that's not it, has anyone messed with valves? maybe your not getting enough flow?

marty said:
Do you mean the filter on the wall? When you unscrew hose from wall there is a little screen that gets clogged. If that's not it, has anyone messed with valves? maybe your not getting enough flow?
Yep, the filter on the wall/in-line filter. That little screen is clean & clear.

Nobody's messed with valves. Maybe I'm not getting enough flow, but I don't know how to attack that. There's no leakage at the relief valve, at any of the connections, and the swivels aren't leaking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.