Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CARETAKER 99 QUESTIONS....SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE!!

1. Back To Top    #1

CARETAKER 99 QUESTIONS....SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE!!

I JUST REPLACED THE INNER WORKING GEARS AND VALVES OF THE MAIN SYSTEM WITH A REBUILD KIT...THE JETS POP UP AND WORK NOW EACH GOING THROUGH THERE CYCLE...HOWEVER ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO ROTATE? IVE BEEN READING AND RESEARCHING AND IT SEEMS THAT THEY SHOULD....MINE DONT....THEY JUST POP AND RUN THROUGH THE CYCLE BUT THERE IS NO ROTATION....WHAT CAN I DO???

THANK YOU

MM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CARETAKER 99 QUESTIONS....SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE!!

Do they fully retract? They only rotate if they fully collapse into the housing.
    1988 installed, 45,500 Gal, IG, Gunite w/spa
    60 sqft DE Filter, Pentair WhisperFlo 2 HP WF-28 pump, "Shasta" infloor cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!!

Please stop using all capitol letters, it is harder to read and considered shouting and rude online.

They do not rotate while the water is coming out. When the zone switches and the pop-ups lower back into the pool, they slightly rotate and "clock". So the next time they raise, they will be turned a little bit from the last time (this might be hard to see ... not exactly sure how many degrees they turn each cycle).
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

thank you to jason and 1988...much appreciated...i finally took one out and looked at how it works...and they are fine, rotate(slowly) albeit but they work...when they are running i just push them down to rotate them in the direction i want them...sorry for the caps...wont happen again!

5. Back To Top    #5

You are supposed to run you pump long enough to get 1-2 full rotations of the pop-ups ... that is one disadvantage of this system, you have to run a big pump and you have to run it for a long time.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    You are supposed to run you pump long enough to get 1-2 full rotations of the pop-ups ... that is one disadvantage of this system, you have to run a big pump and you have to run it for a long time.

I have this system with 12 heads. I feel it's pretty useless for any type of "cleaning" However, it's perfect for circulating chemicals.
    1988 installed, 45,500 Gal, IG, Gunite w/spa
    60 sqft DE Filter, Pentair WhisperFlo 2 HP WF-28 pump, "Shasta" infloor cleaner.

7. Back To Top    #7

I had it at my previous house ... well before I found this place and knew anything about pools. I thought it did a pretty good job keep the pool clean, although dirt would collect in a few corners that required me to brush then toward the drain ... or pull out the vac and hose and suck it up.

Now, I probably would not install such a system due the required large pump and run time and initial cost.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

8. Back To Top    #8

I have one with 24 heads .. Its awesome!! Works well ..
    I did replace the heads after serveral years , they do wear out ..
    Also you need to take them out a clean them like once a year .
    Junk get stuck in them.
    Sean Hannon
    30,000 Gallons gunite pool Coated by Fibertech
    Hayward Pro Grid 72 / Hayward multiport
    Circupool V3 VS pump
    CirCupool SWG RJ 60, 400.000 btu raypak , Built in SPA