Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Maximum Chlorine levels to swim?

1. Back To Top    #1

Maximum Chlorine levels to swim?

will be starting to treat a mustard algae problem once my new test kit comes in. What is the highest ppm of chlorine that you can swim in? According to the chart, I will have to hold and maintain 37 ppm to treat my problem based on 67 ppm CYA. I find it easier to brush the pool from the inside, rather than outside. Thanks for any input!!
    24' AGP, vinyl liner,Sand filter with DE enhancement, single speed Hayward pump, Hayward 150kbtu heater
    BBB method convert from FROG system
    TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Maximum Chlorine levels to swim?

Safe to swim up to NORMAL slam value for your cya level. Not mustard slam values.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Maximum Chlorine levels to swim?

Welcome to TFP!!!

Have you read the article in Pool School about Mustard Algae? Are you sure you have it? Many people come here thinking they have some special algae, when in fact it is just like everyone else's:

Note that you only raise up to Mustard SLAM level ... AFTER ... you have competed the normal SLAM Process.

As Woody said, it is safe to swim up to normal SLAM level ... although if you are just in the pool briefly to brush, that should be fine above that level ... just wear an old suit
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!