Green / black alages only on the wall of the pool

earnie

May 27, 2009
The water is clear but at some spot green semi black type of algae on the wall of the pool. I have inground pool.
I tried to scrub with pool brush but it wont go away!.
Anyway to get rid of it?

Plaster pool. Will take a pic in the evening and post it. I try to scrap with a small bathroom brush but its one the deep end side of the pool wall hard to reach with my habd on the wall of the pool . I am gonna buy the steel wire brush but its going to be hard to scrap its from the wall. Any easy way to remove it from the wall chemicals?

You can't. You have to get in with a small wire brush and break the surface of it. A welder's steel brush works great from my experience. The large ones on the pool pole don't seem to give enough scratch to get the algae open.

Any hardware store will have a small steel brush...anything from toothbrush size to welding brush size will work fine.

But, are you sure it's algae? You should be able to easily scrape greenish-black fuzzy slimy clumps off with your fingernail; if you can't it's something else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.