Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gluing a cracked backup valve

1. Back To Top    #1

Gluing a cracked backup valve

I have a Polaris 360 with a slightly cracked backup valve. The crack is right next to the hole where the water should normally come out in backup mode. It's shooting water out during normal operation, causing more drag on the Polaris and making it constantly wheelie and not clean very well.

I could replace the case, but I can't get the existing one to come apart (as documented elsewhere on the forum). Anyone have any recommendations for a glue to try? I've tried JB Weld and PVC cement (with no primer), and neither have held up to the pressure of the water shooting through the crack.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Gluing a cracked backup valve

Those are stubborn, might have to replace. I tried home depot PVC glue on a filter cartridge holder and it held. Just sand lightly/clean primer and glue, let completely dry and a extra day.
    25k I/G ecostar ccplus Polaris plaster

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northern Virginia

Re: Gluing a cracked backup valve

Mine cracked and it was apparent that the housing was just worn down too far from rubbing on the pool for years and made the plastic too thin. Bought a new one off amazon.
    45'x12' 17k gal, IG plaster, Pool Pilot Nano+ SWG, 1/2hp Whisperflo pump, PAC-FAB TA-60D sand filter, Raypak 266 heater
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = Trouble Free Pool