Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Multivalve 27-2120 Leaking

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Multivalve 27-2120 Leaking

Hi all,

My multi-valve is leaking and after some searching here I believe I need to replace the spider gasket/seal diverter. I've looked on several parts suppliers but I haven't been able to confirm whether or not the gaskets online will fit the model valve that I have. It is a 2" Pentair 27-2120 (pic attached). I've found some gaskets online with part numbers such as 272409 and 271148 but the descriptions don't mention that they will fit my model 27-2120.

Has anyone else replaced the gasket on this model? If so, can you please offer me some guidance as to which part I should order?

Thanks!

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Multivalve 27-2120 Leaking

Welcome to TFP.

272120 is the part number for the label. Not the valve. The valve part number is 261142

Part number 272409 is the spider gasket you want.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pentair Multivalve 27-2120 Leaking

Thanks Dave, I really appreciate it!
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

4. Back To Top    #4

Using a valve in backflow mode all the time

Hey guys! First post here...google sent me

Funny...I looked at the label and assumed the exact same thing!!! Who would have ever thought the label has it's own model number!

Anyways I have the same valve apparently...and it's hooked up to a Nautilus NSS-48 DE filter.

Now...this filter has seen better days...the stainless side wall on the bottom is cracked on both sides.

SO...I got a replacement...I got a Pentair QUAD D.E. Cartridge Style Filter that I'm really excited about.

Opened up the manual to figure out how to install it and BLAMO "The Pentair Quad D.E. Filter has a different flow pattern than ALL other blah blah blah"

Bottom line is there are a few options.... 261055, 261173, 261050, 261165, 263034

NOW...back to the OP's post...since my inlet on my current filter is on the bottom...and my new inlet is on top...couldn't I just use the same valve and put it in "backwash" position instead of filter position and rotate the sticker around and save myself $150!?

TIA for your help
    16k gal IGP saltwater w/ 6' spa (completed Aug 14, 2013), 4-5.5-4 w/ sundeck and benches, Luna Quartz Bermuda, cartridge filter, 2 Pentair whisperflo pumps, 3 scuppers & 3 bubblers, Pentair Easytouch 8 with remote, Pentair Kreepy Krauly Legend w/ Pentair pump