First time posting, glad to be here. While searching for AquaRite/AquaTrol repair I found this forum. Lot's of info about the black 'disc' current-limiter repair but couldn't find much for my issue; if it's even repairable? So Labor Day evening I'm changing my quick-release return jet to put the Polaris on for night cleaning (above ground pool, polaris 160(?) and shut the Aquatrol off at the timer switch. Okay. It was dark, my pool light was on in the deep end, I could see plenty good enough to do this, I've done it many times. Change out the ball return for the Polaris, turn to the AquaTrol and push the white switch Up to the timed position which will start the pump and "!BzzttTT - bbzz..hhmm..BbZzzTttT!!" And I jump back from having my hand on the timer, all the while watching a yellow Fire! Sparks! Glowing! behind the front panel on the AquaTrol! So looking for what must've been 5-7 seconds, and the glowing and "BzzZZTTT!" not fading I'm like..umm..Unplug it before it ...?! So I jump around to the GFI and unplug it and I stand there watching it glow/spark/spit for another few seconds and by now I'm smelling magic smoke, lots of it. Wow. Well, needless to say I don't think replacing the inrush current limiter will fix this baby. Maybe Goldline/Hayward is interested in doing a 5C (Q/A) to find out what happened. I mean, IF I WASN'T there and it did this, in Texas, Sept, no rain, sparks/fire on the dry grass...? Shudder to think it could've burnt my house down. Guess it's off to Amazon to get a board for $266. ****. At least I can finish the next 4 weeks with liquid bleach and install it new for next year.
Enjoy the pics