Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intex patch repair question

1. Back To Top    #1

intex patch repair question

I have a small horizontal rip in my ultra frame liner, the patch kit that came with the pool didn't come with glue but said you can use a pvc glue that u can get at most hardware stores . Vim guessing this is the same pvc glue that you use for pvc pipe??
    Intex 16x48 ultra frame

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: intex patch repair question

I'd probably get all purpose, but yeah, it's the same.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Newcastle, Oklahoma

Re: intex patch repair question

pvc glue will work just fine. when i was installing my hayward skimmer, i had a little mishap with my exacto knife and put a 1 inch slice in my liner....

i quickly cut a 2 x 2 square patch out of the material i just cut out of the liner for the skimmer, grabbed my pvc glue, applied it liberally to outside of pool and patch, and slapped it on. been holding fine for over 2 months now.
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!