Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air bubbles in raised spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Air bubbles in raised spa

I have a pool with raised spa overflowing in it. The Spa has air vents on top and the air comes in it when those are open.
    Every day when I run the pump with the air vents closed, I have champagne air bubbles coming only from one of the spa jets. Now I changed the skimmer seals, filter seal and chlorinetor seal. There is no air coming from the pool returns or the rest of the spa jets ether. When the pump first starts in the morning there in no air bubbles coming out, but after 20 min it starts. It seems that the spa is not leaking, because when the pump is not running the water level doesn't drop down besides a little bit of evaporation ( I live in Florida).
    There is no leak in the above ground piping.

To me there is a air leak somewhere, but the spa is not loosing water. It is really weird and I need some help, please. Could it be from the plumbing valves somewhere or the spa air vents?

Anyone with this experience, please help!

Thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Air bubbles in raised spa

Do you have a swg? If so, the bubbles may be coming from it once it starts generating.
    Wait until they start and then see if the swg is generating. If it is, shut it off and see if they stop.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

No, I don't have a swg. This must be something else.

4. Back To Top    #4

Do you see bubbles in the pump basket?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

No, I don't. To me it seems that those bubbles might come from the spa air vent, if it is faulty . It could be possibly a leak, but the spa is not loosing water. It has been 6 hours since the pump stopped and level still hasn't changed.
    Could it be a air leak from the return valve after the filter, that controls the water going to the pool and spa?

6. Back To Top    #6

Any air leak in the plumbing has to be on the suction side of the pump. Air could be being pulled in through the blower even if it's off.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator